Commitments & Values
Espelia believes that providing consultancy services to the public sector - the guarantor of the public interest – demands particularly high ethical standards. These standards are embodied in the following way:
Remaining immune to conflicts of interest
In order to engage fully with the public sector, Espelia has adopted very stringent statutes and rules:
- No remunerated services for the private sector
- Capital owned by its employees
- Supervisory Board over by two associations of elected officials: the AMF and the FNCCR
- Presence of an Ethical Standards Officer on the Supervisory Board
Promoting the sustainable management of public services
Espelia is committed to promoting the sustainable management of public services, bringing about progress in the way they function and motivating its employees to behave responsibly.
The firm is resolutely committed to promoting sustainable development:
- in its internal functioningthrough the attention paid to training and the well-being of employees, pay equity, responsible purchasing, opting for the most environmentally friendly modes of transport, etc.
- with a multiplier effect, through its consultancy servicesrelating to the organisational structures of local regions, the planning of public infrastructure and the enhancement of public services.
Espelia's multidisciplinary approach enables it to provide integrated consultancy services, addressing in a balanced and targeted manner all three dimensions - social, economic and environmental - of sustainable development.
The firm and all of its consultants are guided by strong values which find concrete expression in their actions.
OPQCM in the areas of procurement, project management, the overall approach of organizations, finance and insurance
Qualisport in the areas of programming sports equipment, their achievement and studies prior to their operations
A quality of service widely endorsed by its clients
« The results of the satisfaction surveys conducted after projects attest to it: Espelia sets itself apart in the quality of the services delivered. The strong dedication of the consultants, in particular, is applauded by over 90% of clients. Other grounds for satisfaction which are highlighted are the relevance of the advice given, combined with the 'human' size of the firm and the creativity encouraged by the importance accorded to innovation. The fact that managers are personally involved in dealing with clients, projects and their staff guarantees reliability. The desire to eschew a strategy based solely on profitability and to focus instead on its vocation and its expertise is probably the key to Espelia's success».
Françoise Descamps Crosnier
Deputy for Les Yvelines