Le secteur des casinos est aujourd’hui en crise : le Produit Brut des Jeux (PBJ) global du secteur - qui mesure l’activité de jeux des casinos - a baissé de plus de 20 % depuis 2007.
Local authorities have a direct interest in the activities of the casinos located in their region:
- Either they benefit directly from a tax on gambling which goes into the budget of the local authority;
- Or they benefit indirectly from the casino's knock-on effect on the local economy (restaurants, shops, etc.).
Due to the particular character of this activity, in France it is not feasible for a public authority to run a casino. Casinos are therefore subject to public/private contracts or are private sector initiatives.
In this context, the expiry date of the operating contract and the preparations for its renewal are crucial. It is then the responsibility of local authorities to negotiate a new, balanced contract which respects their budget while contributing to the appeal and the dynamism of their territory.
In this sector, Espelia deploys its full operational expertise. More specifically, the firm supports local authorities in:
- feasibility studies on creating or extending casinos
- defining management projects
- signing and monitoring construction and operating contracts