Energy performance of public assets
Avec près de 45 % de l’énergie finale consommée, le secteur du bâtiment (résidentiel et tertiaire) est le premier poste de consommation d’énergie en France.
The construction sector (residential and tertiary) is often the leading source of a country's energy consumption. Local authorities are concerned primarily in the following respects:
- As the administrator of their property holdings (primary and secondary schools, sports facilities, administrative buildings, etc.), local authorities are under an obligation to renovate their buildings while taking into account the tight constraints on their investment and operational budgets;
- As the organiser of energy performance improvements in their territory, particularly through the possible creation of a public service for energy efficiency, local authorities are charged with raising awareness and providing technical and financial support for households and businesses.
In this sector, Espelia deploys its full operational expertise. More specifically, the firm supports local authorities in:
- the overall auditing of their buildings and the creation of a set of guiding principles for the management of their properties
- the signing and monitoring of energy performance contracts, the signing and monitoring of contracts relating to heating operations
- the creation of entities (public companies, ESCOs, associations, etc.) to take charge of renewable energy operations and/or energy efficiency